Net Zero Homes by Calgary Home Comfort
I- The Net Zero relates to reduction of Carbon Footprint used in your home to keep you comfortable in this modern life .
II- The idea of Net Zero is that homes can produce energy from Solar or Solar Thermal to power all their energy needs at home.
III- How do you become a Net Zero home:
1.- Improve the major appliances that consume the most of the energy:
- Heating and Cooling System to a higher SEER
- Install a Cold Climate Heat Pump SEER 17++
- Install a High Efficient back up system for the really cold days
- 96% of higher Efficientcy Air Handler either Gas, Hydronic or Electric
- Annually Maintein your appliances
- Install Hoyme Dampers or an HRV
- Washer and Dryer
- Install a water conditioner
- Maintein all your appliances annually
Passive housing is a voluntary standard of construction that can provide a 90 percent energy savings.
The first passive house was designed by German physicist Wolfgang Feist and Swedish structural engineer Bo Adamson in 1988, but scientists and builders have been developing passive building principles since the 1970s.
Five Key Areas of Passive House Principles
- High insulation
- Airtight enclosure
- High-performance windows
- Balanced ventilation and heat recovery - HRV
- Solar orientation